Life is good. I’ve been having an excellent summer. Why? Mostly because we planned some great recreation like a trip away to Puerto Rico, time on the beach, visit to the vineyards and just time to think and read. Summer is a time for renewal, re-creation and getting inputs to creativity. You can’t create if you’re empty!
Here’s some of what I’ve been thinking and reading lately.
- An awesome article by the most generous Steve Scott with all the tools and strategies an author used to launch a Kindle book
- Open Library – An online free library of ebooks to download
- Book – The Dip by Seth Godin – here’s a free preview
- Cowboys in Ft Worth Texas – (this one’s for Carolyn)
- Roberto Bolaño’s poem Godzilla in Mexico moves me to tears everytime
- Hugh Mcleod’s How To Be Creative is the #2 manifesto at ChangeThis – since Oct 2004! Wow!
- Probiotics in the news a lot – I started taking probiotics and really has helped
- Lydia Davis’ brilliant, funny, neurotic and short – short stories. I’m very inspired!
- Ray Bradbury’s Martian Chronicles and Illustrated Man collections. Brilliant.
- My son’s Minecraft eBook.
- Bedell Cellars – their Gallery white wine is just amazing and pricey!
- Rosé wine at Croteaux Vineyards. Just lovely.
- Caracas Arepa Bar on the boardwalk in the Rockaways. Delicioso!