What is the difference between mentoring, coaching and consulting?
Coaching is similar to what athletic coaches do. Being outside you, a coach can see what you cannot see from the inside. There are many blind spots. Also, there are often internal obstacles that a coach can help you identify and shift. Every profession can use a coach, including teachers.
The words Consulting and Mentoring are similar. Mentoring generally means that someone has achieved what you want to achieve. By following the advice of a mentor, you can greatly accelerate your progress. Sometimes a consultant will do some extra research on your behalf. Consulting gets into actually making specific recommendations the way a management consultant will do with a business.
Who Is My Coach, Consultant and Mentor?
My name is Andrew Ingkavet and I have a lot to offer you. Here is a few reasons you may want to work with me.
- Built and run several successful businesses in many industries
- Unique multi-track career gives me a cross-industry view offering fresh perspectives in business, media, education and more
- Loving father and husband of 24 years
- Active in my community and church
For further information, see my LinkedIN profile and connect with me.
What Can I Expect?
It’s all dependent on you. For some, the sessions have created massive change and transformation. For others, a minor shift. It all depends on how much you are willing to change and take action.
A First Meeting
This is where we get to know what you are working on, obstacles, goals, and challenges. For some, this session is all that is needed to clarify and create an action plan.
After our first session, we can mutually decide whether to go forward with a longer term commitment. By doing this, we are committing to each other and the results can be much more powerful. I will hold you accountable to your actions, goals and commitments.
Some questions for you
These questions can quickly re-focus your business, your life, and more.
Answer as quickly as possible
- What are your personal gifts – skills that you have that come so easily to you, you often forget how good you really are?
- What do you want to create with your life? Your business? Your clients?
- Why do you want to create these things in your life?
- What’s holding you back from achieving what you want?
- What are your core values?
Write down what you came up with and then schedule a call with me. We’ll work on a plan to get you there. Once we get to work together, we can mutually decide whether to continue. Sound good?